Meal Prep: Turkey Meatballs with Pesto Cauliflower Rice
I don’t know about you but I love pesto. I love putting it on sandwiches, pizza, pasta, etc. Like most people struggling with making healthy choices, I know the benefits of meal prepping and this recipe combines my love of pesto with the responsible choice of meal prepping.
I use frozen turkey meatballs and pre-riced cauliflower from Trader Joes and prepared pesto from Costco. All of this stuff you can do yourself to be even more healthy, but I’m all about the shortcuts if it doesn’t sacrifice too much of the health benefits of the dish. I think the turkey is where I could improve to be completely honest; I should really make my own meatballs as there are a few questionable ingredients in the frozen meatballs. Baby steps.
Meal Prep – Pesto Cauliflower Rice and Turkey Meatballs
Makes: 4 servings
- 2½ cups riced cauliflower (Trader Joe’s)
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp prepared pesto (Costco)
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 bag frozen turkey meatballs (Trader Joe’s)
- Prepare frozen meatballs according to package, set aside.
- In a skillet, heat 1 tbsp of olive oil until hot
- Carefully add the cauliflower rice, season with salt and pepper to taste and saute until cooked through.
- Remove meatballs and cauliflower rice and build your meals. Place pesto in a 2oz plastic cups with lids. Put 2/3 cup of cooked cauliflower rice in each container. Place 2-4 meatballs in each container. Place 1 2oz container of pesto in each container.
- When ready to eat; remove pesto 2oz container and set it aside. Microwave container (covered) for 2 minutes on high. Mix meatballs and cauliflower rice with pesto. Enjoy!