Meal Prep: Thai Chicken Salad
This salad is sweet, spicy, savory, crunchy… all of it. I like to use shortcuts where I can so I bought a rotisserie chicken and shredded up some of it but you can easily poach and shred some chicken breasts yourself (I’m just lazy). I also know you could make your own dressing but when Trader Joe’s makes a super spicy and tangy one, again… I’m lazy. I’m only making three salads this week but you could easily increase the portions/amounts to make 4-5 salads for the week. I hope you like this salad as much as I do.
Meal Prep – Thai Chicken Salad
Makes: 3 salads
- 1½ cups shredded chicken, divided into thirds
- 6 tbsp Trader Joe’s Asian Spicy Peanut Vinagrette Dressing
- 3 tbsp chopped roasted salted peanuts
- 2 cups shredded romaine lettuce
- 1/2 cup shredded cabbage
- 1/2 cup shredded carrots
- 1/2 cup julienned red bell pepper
- 1/2 cup thin sliced English cucumber
- 1 green onion, thinly sliced (green part only)
- Picked fresh cilantro, to taste(Optional)
- 3 wedges of lime (Optional)
- Prepare/cut all vegetables, divide into thirds, set aside.
- Place 2 tbsp of dressing in 2oz plastic cups with lids. (use less if you prefer)
- Place 1 tbsp of chopped peanuts in 2oz plastic cups with lids
- Assemble salads with romaine, lettuce, cabbage, chicken, carrots, bell pepper, cucumber, green onion and cilantro.
- When ready to eat; toss dressing with salad and top with chopped peanuts. Enjoy!