Recipe: The Best Homemade Popcorn
There are countless things that I love, but stovetop popped popcorn is one of those things that I love so much, I crave it and love to experiment with. I love adding spices and different flavors, but I also love how simple just a little butter and salt can be perfect for it too. Stop using microwave popcorn full of weird chemicals and questionable amounts of sodium.
The BEST Homemade Popcorn
A simple recipe to replace those plastic covered microwave packets
Makes: 4 servings
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1/3 cup popcorn kernals
- 1 tsp melted butter (optional)
- salt, to taste (optional)
- Add oil and popcorn kernels to large pot over med/high heat, cover
- When you hear it sizzling, using oven mitts or a towel, grab handles and move pan over flame (or heat element) in continuous circular motions. Note* your popcorn will burn if you do not move the kernals continuously.
- Once the kernals stop popping (or when there is 20-25 seconds between pops, remove from heat and add to a bowl. Serve immediately and top with salt and 1tsp of melted butter (optional)