Meal Prep: Vegetable Frittata with Arugula Salad
This recipe can be changed to your liking. I’ve made this with leftover vegetables from a dinner the night before and also with nothing but meat and cheese. Any way you can think to make an omelet… you can make a frittata. The trick is to get a skillet that can be put in the oven. I love using my All Clad skillet because it’s nonstick and can go into the oven up to 350ºF. This bakes at 325ºF so we’re good. The arugula salad is super tasty on it’s own too, but the frittata gives it a little richness that the champagne vinaigrette can cut through. The shaved parmesan is for that added saltiness everyone likes too. I hope you like this one.
Meal Prep – Vegetable Frittata with Arugula Parmesan Salad
Makes: 8 Servings
- 8 Eggs
- 1/2 cup diced red onion
- 1 cup diced red bell pepper
- 1 cup chopped asparagus
- 1 cup diced zucchini squash
- 1/4 cup shredded cheese
- Seasoning Blend
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Kosher Salt
- Champagne Vinaigrette (Brianna’s)
- Shaved Parmesan
- Preheat oven to 325º. Dice vegetables roughly the same size
- Heat an oven proof skillet over med-high heat. Add extra virgin olive oil (about 1 tbsp) to coat bottom of the pan.
- Saute onion and bell pepper for two minutes. Add zucchini and asparagus, season with salt and seasoning blend and saute for 5 more minutes.
- While the vegetables cook. Crack 8 eggs into a bowl and whisk to combine. When vegetables are al dente or to your desired doneness, turn off stove and pour eggs over the vegetables. Top with cheese.
- Transfer skillet to the oven and cook for 20 minutes until eggs are set. Serve warm or at room temperature with arugula tossed with champagne vinaigrette and shaved parmesan. Enjoy!